Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Favorite Chili

Just the other day, New Years, I made, or rather, began making chili.  My favorite chili is made with Chili-O from Frenches.   Well, to make a long story short here's what I do...

the packet calls for...

1 pound of Beef
1 small can of Tomato Sauce
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 packet of Chili-O


But What I Do is this...

First a brown the beef, and instead of one pound of beef I try to make it almost two.  Beef which is grass fed is my favorite.  But it tastes even better when the grass fed beef is on sale.  While browning
I rinse the beef.  Yes, I rinse the beef.  A friend of long, long ago taught me that little bit of weight loss tip.  (You're going to be adding water, so just rinse the beef... down goes flavor, but if the beef is of better original quality not matter the fat content, the taste will remain.)  So during the cooking process the beef is rinsed one third of the way through and then the last third.   Then when cooled I put it through a mixer/cutting blade, having the beef become the size of large grains of sand. The same goes for a large can of WHOLE STEWED tomatoes.  Forget a can of sauce...  I use fresh roasted tomatoes if I have them.   In lieu of fresh, I use a whole 8 ounce tube of roasted tomatoes for each packet of Chili-O mix I use.    the kidney beans are drained, and half the beans are run through the bladed mixer.

After grinding everything through a bladed mixer ... the consistency of the Chili is more soupy and less bulky.   Now it is thick! don't mistake extra beef and whole tomatoes as being thin ooze... it is a thick chili, just tiny pieces on the tongue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home