Thursday, January 18, 2018

What's another word that rhymes with witch? Chicken Glitch

Yep that one.

So most of December and January cooking I didn't log.  I simply attempted to smile, not yell, and maintain the seesaw so as not to have another GLITCH.

What I did do was create some fine chicken broth and stock.

Broth is made from meat and stock is made from bones.  I combined the two.  However, this time I simply used an already roasted chicken.  The roasted chicken and roasted garlic turned the broth quite sweet.  I prefer a more savory broth, especially when I am sick.  And this year I was really, really sick.   Having made so much broth I froze about a gallon.  The last batch of soup I made simply was vegetables and the broth/stock from the bones and whole roasted chicken I previously cooked.

Mom did a wonderful job at Christmas, attempting to make everyone feel warm and welcomed.  New Years I continued to be sick and we simply watched TV until we felt better.  I phoned Sam, and didn't speak much, bless him.  He's my favorite son, you know.  Anyway, gabbed a bit with Sian and quickly departed from the phone. 

Chicken Stock from Alton Brown
  •  

or more simply

Ingredients

  • 4 pounds chicken wings
  • 1 medium onion, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 6 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
    water to cover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home